Wednesday, January 29, 2014

february TBR: finishing series

Last year I got kind of sick of my monthly TBR lists because I felt like I had no freedom. Once I'd finished a book, I felt I had to pick up the next book I'd said I would. What if I'd changed my mind? What if I had discovered something else that I was really excited about? So this year I've decided to do it a bit differently. I'm giving each month a "theme" and picking 5 books to match that theme, and leaving the rest of the month up to whatever I feel like at the time. So, in saying that, my February TBR will be focussing on finishing series' that I have been meaning to finish for ages but kept getting distracted. The five books I have chosen, in no particular order, are...



Allegiant by Veronica Roth.
I only read Insurgent in January and I'm so bloody excited to find out how this trilogy ends.

Von Gobstopper's Arcade by Alexandra Adornetto.
I read the first two years and years ago, and can't believe I never finished it. I've recently re-read the first book so I plan on re-reading the second soon and then finally finishing this series off.

The Last Olympian by Rick Riordan.
I know. I know! I was kind of late to this series, only starting reading it right before the first movie came out, and I'm enjoying it so much that I've been stretching it out to make it last as long as possible. But, I think it's finally time.

Girl Of Nightmares by Kendare Blake.
This is the sequel to Anna Dressed In Blood which I read at the very beginning of January and absolutely adored! As far as I know it's only a duology but if anybody believes otherwise please let me know? I'd love if this turned into more.

And finally, the book that's been sitting on my shelf for the LONGEST time and I can't even believe I have not read it yet...

Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins.
I'm ashamed.

2 comments:

  1. I just finished Allegiant yesterday night! Everyone made such a big deal about the ending, but I don't get why. The 'event' I think everyone was upset about, I actually thought was a good way to end it. If anything I was only slightly annoyed because I found the last couple of chapters following it slightly dull.
    It was a good book though :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently finished the Divergent Trilogy, I had mixed feelings about Allegiant but I have to give credit to Veronica Roth.. she is brave.
    If you haven't read it yet, I would definitely recommend Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma, It's amazing!

    ReplyDelete